2020 is a Presidential Election year, which means you may receive voter registration and absentee ballot request forms via USPS. These mailings are not from our office, even though they may appear to be. They are sent by special interest groups and the prefilled voter information is often inaccurate. To ensure you are properly registered or to apply for an absentee ballot, please visit myvote.wi.gov or contact the Clerk’s office at 608-845-8-6495 or email email@example.com.
2020 Partisan Primary: August 11, 2020
2020 General Election: November 03, 2020
2020 Candidate Update Spreadsheet
Directions for write-in candidates:
Are You Ready for the next Election?
1. Are you registered to vote?
If you have changed addresses or names since the last time you voted, you must re-register with the City of Verona. All voter registrations require proof of residence to be provided, regardless of when you register.
2. Have you verified your polling place?
The City of Verona has 2 polling place locations:
Verona Public Library, 500 Silent Street - Aldermanic Districts 1 & 2 (Wards 1-5)
Verona City Hall, 111 Lincoln Street- Aldermanic Districts 3 & 4 (Wards 6-9)
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
To register to vote, request an absentee ballot, and find your polling place visit the Wisconsin Elections Commission's My Vote Wisconsin Website.
If you are still unsure about where you vote on Election Day or have other questions, please contact City Hall at 845-6495.
3. Be Informed about what is going to be on your ballot.
Sample ballots are available for viewing a few weeks prior to the election by clicking here
4. Are you informed about current Election laws and news?
- All voters are required to present a Photo ID before receiving a ballot
- The State of Wisconsin has a 10 day residency requirement before voting
- Proof of Residence is required for all voters wishing to register to vote
- If you receive and return an absentee ballot you may not appear to vote in person at the polling place on Election Day as your absentee ballot will be counted